Optional Life and Voluntary AD&D Coverage
You, your spouse or domestic partner and/or your children are eligible for optional Term Life and/or Voluntary AD&D Insurance if you are:
- An active PAT, PFSP, DCU or ATU employee and an active SD No. 1 Trust member
- Working at least 20 hours each week, and
- Enrolled in health insurance through the Trust.
What You Need to Know
Optional Life and/or Voluntary AD&D Insurance can be a simple, easy way to protect your loved ones in the event of your death. You may apply for the amount of protection you need for yourself and your family.
- Optional Term Life Insurance coverage up to the guarantee issue amount without providing evidence of insurability (answering questions about your medical history). Please keep in mind:
- Full-time or part-time PAT employees who have selected “Option 1” benefits currently have a $50,000 Trust-paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance benefit
- Full-time or part-time PFSP, DCU or ATU employees who have selected “Option 1” benefits currently have a $30,000 Trust-paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance benefit
- Remember: If you choose to purchase the new Optional Life Insurance, it will be supplemental coverage to your current Basic Life coverage.
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
Are you newly eligible for benefits?
Enroll within 30 days of your benefits eligibility date. Here’s a checklist to help you through the enrollment process:
- Review the Optional Life and AD&D Insurance enrollment guide.
- Use the Life Insurance Needs Calculator.
- Complete the Online Medical History Statement (if applicable and applying for above the guarantee issue amount)
- Enroll online via PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service. You can log in with your PPS username and password. Don’t remember your log-in information? Contact PPS IT at 503-916-3375 or email@example.com.
If you prefer to mail your Medical History Statement, complete this form and submit it directly to Standard Insurance Company